(Article originally published by McKinsey & Co.)
Answering these questions can help break through the barriers to digital transformation.
- Where is change occurring? Review the foundations needed to support change.
- Which customer journeys matter? Use digital solutions to improve each touchpoint.
- Are your teams collaborating? Encourage internal collaboration to integrate business functions.
- Do you have a disciplined “test and learn” approach? Test concepts continually with customers.
- Are your budgets tied to progress? Follow project development, then pull the plug or add funding as performance justifies.
- Can your people challenge ideas? Set up a “challenger board” that includes experts who know the business, as well as outside digital natives.
- Are they empowered? Provide business responsibility, leadership and the authority to break through functional silos.
- Is IT operating at two speeds? Build new customer-facing capabilities on a separate system from legacy solutions.
- Are you coordinating a portfolio of initiatives? It’s essential to coordinate initiatives as they run in parallel.
Learn how to take your digital journey to the next level.
Check out our latest e-book, Get Personal to Make Digital Real.