(Article originally published by HubSpot)
Here are the trends that are changing the face of marketing in 2016:
- Relationship marketing. We now have data we can use to develop strong relationship-marketing plans.
- Marketing automation. This technology makes it easier to schedule email, segment contacts, automate social media posts, manage content and track the customers in your marketing funnel.
- Location-based marketing technology. Beacons and RFIDs are helping marketers create an interactive experience by targeting users at the point of engagement.
- Virtual reality. With the ability to tell 360-degree stories, companies will be able to engage like never before.
- Ephemeral marketing. To reach consumers, you need to offer exclusive content that has an expiration date.
- Search that goes beyond search engines. As search capabilities improve within social media, brands will get a boost.
- The Internet of Things (IoT). Wearables and other IoT technologies will continue to help marketers engage with customers.
Learn how to take your digital journey to the next level.
Check out our latest e-book, Get Personal to Make Digital Real.